Come see for yourself why SJEDS is an investment in a brighter future.
San Jose Episcopal Day School looks forward to becoming an educational partner with you and your child. The environment of excellence found at San Jose will provide lifelong dividends for your child’s future. An Episcopal education nurtures the whole child – mind, body and spirit.
The process for admission to SJEDS is designed to help families and the school make the best choice for the placement of each child to ensure success. The mission of our school guides this process through campus tours and student visits.
We invite you to come and explore our campus. Here you’ll discover a healthy balance of study, hands-on-learning, and play in a safe, caring environment.
Director of Admission
1. Call the Admission Office to schedule a personal tour of our campus or complete the online inquiry form.
2. Complete the application for the appropriate grade below and submit with $100 application fee:
3. Ensure that the current teacher, if applicable, completes the teacher recommendation form below and returns it directly to the Admission Office:
4. For applicants entering grades first through sixth, submit the transcript request form to the current school office and have the records sent to the SJEDS Admission Office.
5. Contact the Admission Office to schedule a student visit for grades Pre-K 4 – 6.
When completed application packets are received they are are reviewed by the Admission Committee. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the application which may include school record, teacher recommendation, observations, and admission assessments. Taken into consideration are academic skills, motivation to learn, developmental and social readiness, talents, and personal interests.
Through this process, the school seeks to admit students who demonstrate a likelihood to thrive within a challenging academic environment, possess high moral character, and appropriate social adjustment. Priority is given to siblings of currently enrolled students, church members, and children of alumni.
It is the mission of San Jose Episcopal Day School to foster a Christian environment that allows each student to experience the richness of Christianity through the rites and traditions of the Episcopal Church. While affiliated with San Jose Episcopal Church, the School serves students of all faiths.
In the spirit of the Episcopal Church, SJEDS welcomes qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admissions, financial aid programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.